Have you dealt with or do you know anyone who:
- Suffers from depression or another mental health issue?
- Has served in the military or been in a war zone?
- Been sexually assaulted?
- Comes from an alcoholic family?
- Has suffered the loss of a friend or family member?
- Has had an alcohol or other addiction?
- Has attempted or seriously considered suicide?
- Is on medication or has been in counseling for a mental health disorder?
- Has been abused physically or emotionally?
- Has been hazed or bullied before?
All of the above backgrounds – as well as countless others we can’t even imagine, much less know about – could put someone at higher risk of being re-traumatized through hazing.
(Adapted from hazingprevention.org)